Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program (Junior and Senior Researchers)
This grant is for Indonesian scholars who hold a doctoral degree and intend to carry out research for three to six months in the US.
Interested researchers who are currently permanent lecturers at an Indonesian university and hold a Nomor Induk Dosen Nasional, or NIDN should apply to the parallel program under Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program
The applicants should:
- Be Indonesian citizens and not permanent residents of the US, or be currently living in the US
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to, their chosen field of study
- Be proficient in English
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Demonstrate that they can realistically conduct research in the US
The applicant will be ineligible if he or she is an employee, close family member of an employee, or dependent of an employee of AMINEF, the US Embassy, or the US Department of State.
The applicants should:
- Hold a doctoral (PhD) or equivalent degree
- Demonstrate sufficient English-language proficiency to conduct research in the US (not necessary to submit a TOEFL score)
- Have contacted or identified a potential research partner or institution in the US (not necessary to hold a letter of invitation yet)
- Have plans to complete and publish their research upon the completion of the program
The deadline for the submission of application materials for the program is November 1, 2017.
*The exact deadlines every year may be subject to change and if the application deadline falls on a weekend or public holiday, it is automatically extended to the next business day. Only short-listed applicants will be notified and interviewed.
Submission Requirements (to be supplied in English)
- Completed application form, including 10-15-page research proposal
- Two letters of reference
- Copy of academic transcript and diploma (in original language and in English translation)
- Copy of valid identity document (KTP or passport)
- Curriculum vitae
How to Apply
Candidates should complete the application form, which can be downloaded below, and submit it and supporting documents in hard copy before November 1, 2017 to AMINEF via mail (postage) or in person to the following address:
American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF)
Intiland Tower, Lantai 11
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 32
Tel : (021) 579 39 085 ~ 9086
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download application form